It’s been a while since I’ve been caught up on what Glenn Beck has been up to (two kids + crazy life = little time to sit and watch Glenn) but I happened upon an email that was in Hubby’s Inbox from Glenn Beck and clicked on it out of curiosity. It started off with the announcement that Glenn’s new two hour daily show (on GBTV.com) starts this Monday (September 12), so if you’ve been wondering where and when you can catch Glenn again, check out his website for more info.
But anyway, the part of the email that really caught my attention was a Declaration of Rights and Responsibilities. I’m sure it was a group effort to come up with this, but I really like how Glenn and his team have basically taken the Bill of Rights and added personal responsibility to it. It’s something everyone should read and commit to as a citizen of this great nation. A nation of freedom and independence. Liberty and justice for all. And in light of this weekend’s remembrances, it seems especially appropriate. Hope you enjoy it:
Declaration of Rights & Responsibilities
Thus, we the people do hereby declare not only our rights, but do now establish this bill of responsibilities.
1. Because I have the right to choose, I recognize that I am accountable to God and have the responsibility to keep the 10 commandments in my own life.
2. Because I have the right to worship as I choose, I have the responsibility to honor the right of others to worship as they see fit.
3. Because I have freedom of speech, I have the responsibility to defend the speech of others, even if I strongly disagree with what they’re saying.
5. Because I have the right to honest and good government I will seek out honest and just representatives when possible. If I cannot find one then I accept the responsibility to take that place.
6. Because I have the God given right to liberty, I have the personal responsibility to have the courage to defend others to be secure in their persons, lives and property.
7. Because I have the right to equal justice, I will stand for those who are wrongly accused or unjustly blamed.
8. Because I have the right to knowledge, I will be accountable for myself and my children’s education…to live our lives in such a way that insures the continuation of truth.
9. Because I have the right to pursue my dreams and keep the fruits of my labor, I have the responsibility to feed, protect and shelter my family, the less fortunate, the fatherless, the old and infirm.
10. Because I have a right to the truth, I will not bear false witness nor will I stand idly by as others do.
Unconditionally, while maintaining my responsibility to compassionately yet fiercely stand against those things that decay the natural rights of all men. And for the support of this declaration, and with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence we mutually pledge to each other our lives, fortunes and sacred honor.
Download Printable Version
It makes me feel like I was there with the Founding Fathers as they signed their sacred documents, and the gravity and weight of the matter they must have felt. I wish there was something we could all sign together to stand united in this same cause. But as it is, I’ll settle for printing this document out and signing it to keep with me at all times. May we never forget the liberties this country was founded upon and the role we play in maintaining those freedoms. And may God still bless this country… land that I love.
Leave a Reply
- Educational Preparedness: Know Your Rights! There is an article from the Preparedness Pro that I want EVERYONE to read. It’s called The Foundation of Preparedness...
- Food For Thought: A Parent’s Sacred Responsibility “Parents have a sacred responsibility to look after the physical and spiritual welfare of their children. As children grow older,...
- Come, Let Us Adore Him Joy to the world, the Lord is come! Let earth receive her King! If we truly want to ‘come and...